JIPL is currently involved in the installation and project management of a waste acid treatment system for a battery recycling plant.
JIPL is carrying out detailed process engineering design work for the client to specify and configure the required equipment, provide specifications, the layout arrangement and the control system necessary for the manufacture of a semi-automatic wastewater treatment plant.
JIPL will deliver a functioning wastewater treatment plant that will allow the plant to process the acid and other wastewater via discrete batches, individually controlled for minimum lime usage and good pH control of waste liquids.
JIPL is undertaking the project management for the plant and is aiming to:
- design the plant to minimise capital costs, but with a view for future additions and/or modification for full automation where feasible
- design the plant to minimise maintenance and labour costs
- control the process to minimise costs of chemicals and discharges
- recover the maximum possible materials for export and reprocessing
- remove the heavy metals and other contaminants from the wastes to meet or exceed the plant’s Trade Waste Consent
- minimise solid wastes to landfill
- design the plant including risk, health and safety and spill issues
- ensure that the equipment is robust and reliable